Name : Abd El-Nasser Mohammed Abd El-Moneim Elashry
Date of Birth : March 15, 1971
Nationality : Egyptian
Position : Assistant research
Agricultural Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI),
Agricultural Research Center (ARC), Cairo, Egypt
The members of AGERI: Click here!
Current Position: PhD student
Institut für Entwicklungsbiologie
Universität Göttingen, Germany
M. Sc., Nematology, October 1998, Faculty of Agriculture,
University of Cairo, Egypt.
Finde the MA
B. Sc., Plant Pathology , May 1992, Faculty of Agriculture,
University of Cairo, Egypt.
Career and Employment History:
- May 2002: European C. elegans meeting - www.iigb.na.cnr.it/ewm/
- July 2001: Participant at 13th International C. elegans
Meeting 2001, Los Angelos (USA) - www.arc.ucla.edu/celegans/
- Since July 2000: PhD research at University of Goettingen
(Germany), Institute of Developmental Biology (Institut
für Entwicklungsbiologie), topic: Gene function of
some of the high mobility group proteins "HMG"
in C. elegans
- Since October 1998: Assistant research at Agricultural
Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI).
- October 1994 until 1998 : Research assistant at Agricultural
Genetic Engineering Research Institute (AGERI), Project:
Molecular Characterization of root-knot nematodes (Meloidogyne
Spp.) in Egypt
- June 1992 until October 1994: Master student in Genetic
Engineering of Entomopathogenic Nematodes Project, National
Agricultural Research Project (NARP).
- Using different techniques with C.elegans for
the determination of gene function:
Immunostaining, flourescent proteins (GFP, YFP and CFP),
and RNA interference (RNAi) by microinjection and feeding
and visualizing the gene expression pattern by laser scanning
- The data analysis of molecular markers by the Numerical
Taxonomy System (NTSys) program to calculate the phylogenetic
- Identification of root-knot nematodes (Meloidogyne
spp) by using Random Amplified Polymorphic DNA-Polymerase
Chain Reaction (RAPD-PCR), Restriction Fragment Length Polymorphism
(RFLP), Pulsic Field Gel Electrophoresis (PFGE) karyotyping
and southern blotting techniques.
- Isolation and purification of Meloidogyne spp.
and Heterodera spp. from soil as well as infected
plants and rearing them in-vivo on their host and
- Identification of Meloidogyne spp., and their
races, by using differential hosts test and perineal patterns
- Isolation of entomopathogenic nematodes and culturing
them on natural hosts and artificial media.
- Isolation, rearing and using Pasturia penetrans
as a biological control agent against Meloidogyne spp.
- Studying the nematicidal effect and mode of action of
the Bacillus thurengensis (BT) and its toxins on
root-knot nematodes by studying the lethal effect of its
crude extract and purified proteins based on in-vivo and
- Using plant tissue culture and plant transformation techniques.
- Practical courses about molecular and developmental biology
Drosophila, mouse, tissue cultures, human being, chicken,
University of Goettingen (2001 - 2003).
- Rearing of root knot-nematodes (Meloidogyne spp.)
and cyst nematodes (Heterodera spp.) in-vitro on
root cultures, Kiel University, Germany, Dec. 1999.
- International training course on micropropagation and
related techniques for the conservation and use of plant
genetic resources and the improvement of crops, (August
12 to September 8, 1997), German Foundation for International
- Crop Diseases and their control, Plant Pathology Institute,
Agricultural Research Center (ARC), June 1994.
- Bioinformatics course, University of Goettingen, Dec.
- SPSS : from Economic studies Center, Faculty of Agriculture,
Cairo University, 23 March-13 April, 1996.
- Lotus 123 : from AUC, April 15- May 27, 1995.
- Word Perfect: from AUC, Jan. 22- Feb. 21, 1995.
- DBase IV: from AUC, Oct. 26- Nov. 21, 1994.
- German: Grundstufe II (Elementary level II), VHS, 2002
- German: Grundstufe I (Elementary level), VHS, 2001
- English: upper intermediate: from American University
of Cairo (AUC), summer 1995
- English: Intermediate level: from AUC, March 22- May
- English: Elementary B level course: from AUC, Jan. 18-
March 17, 1994
Dr. Ekkehard Schulze
Department of Developmental Biology
Zoology Institute, University of Goettingen
Prof . Magdy A. Madkour
Prof. Nagwa Abd El-Bary
Department of Zoology, Faculty of Agriculture, Cairo University.
Prof. Mohamed M. El-Saedy
Senior Scientist, AGERI