Current research project:
Gene function of some of the high mobility group proteins
"HMG" in C. elegans
Institut für Entwicklungsbiologie
Universität Göttingen (Germany)
Some results: Click
Further information about C. elegans:
Former research projects:
- Find the MA
- Isolation of DNA from nematodes.
- Identification of root-knot nematodes (Meloidogyne
spp) by using PCR and RAPD-PCR.
- Isolation and purification of Meloidogyne spp.
from soil as well as infected plants.
- Identification of Meloidogyne spp., and their
races, on the basis of :
a. Differential hosts test.
b. Perineal patterns technique
- Isolation of entomopathogenic nematodes and culturing
them on :
a. Natural hosts.
b. Artificial media.
- Studying the effect of the Bacillus thurengensis
(BT) and its toxins on root-knot nematodes by studying the
lethal effect of its crude extract of its toxins and purified
proteins based on in-vivo and in-vitro assays.